Seeking experienced surgical orthopedic advanced practice provider (physician assistant or nurse practitioner) to join our hospital staff and medical community to perform all required clinical duties, including patient evaluation and management in the orthopedic outpatient clinic setting. They will also function as a first assist for orthopedic surgeons.
- Office is open Monday-Friday, five days/week.
- Anticipate 25+ patients per office day.
- Digital X-ray and PACS at the practice; MRI on hospital campus.
- Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative services available.
- State-of-the art facility.
- Work collaboratively with clinical teams in managing orthopedic patients in the outpatient clinic and operative environments.
- Independently support general orthopedic surgery and orthopedic surgery subspecialty care as first assist in the OR, diagnose and treat outpatient visits, and provide occasional inpatient rounding at Hospital.
- Perform comprehensive and problem-focused history and physical exams, interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures, and interpret and correlate subjective and objective data to establish a working diagnosis.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including, but not limited to, joint and bursa aspiration; injections of joints, tendons, trigger points and buras; and brace, splint and cast applications. Order and collect appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures and studies as needed.
- Formulate a treatment plan for orthopedic problems requiring consultation, referral or evaluation by the supervising surgeon or other health care professionals.
- Identify assessment, diagnostic strategies and therapeutic interventions within the plan that reflect current evidence, including data, research, literature and expert clinical knowledge; collaborate with physician on the plan as needed.
- Orthopedic experience required.
- 1-2 years of recent and relevant experience in orthopedic surgery (outpatient visits, first assist in the OR and inpatient rounding) is preferred.
- Ability to do independent physical exams, interpret X-rays, offer fracture care, perform office procedures and act as first assist in OR is required.
- Must have ability to integrate well with medical community to help promote referrals.
- Must have a current Nebraska Physician Assistant license and must have completed an AMA-approved Physician Assistant Program.
- Must have a current Nebraska APRN license permitting practice as a family nurse practitioner, and maintain all requirements to this license. This includes completion of an accredited master’s or doctoral nurse practitioner program, and successfully passing a certification examination.
- Must be certified in BLS. Certification in ACLS and/or PALS is preferred, but not required.
- Must be credentialed for hospital privileges and must satisfy employment requirements at CCH.
- Personal and professional integrity are needed for malpractice coverage.
- Must have current DEA certificate.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, dental & vision insurance.
- Flexible benefit plan and flexible spending accounts.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Retirement plan (403(b) and 401(K).
- State-licensed childcare center on campus.
The area is in the heart of the Midwest. It sits at the confluence of the Loup and Platte Rivers, which provide a bounty of wildlife viewing, kayaking, hunting and fishing opportunities, as well as beautiful sunrises and sunsets. It has a population of 22,000 and is one of the state’s most progressive and dynamic communities. The city offers a fair tax structure, outstanding public and private schools and a variety of recreation and entertainment options. It has clean air, safe neighborhoods, no traffic jams and plenty of sunshine. The area is 80 miles away from Nebraska’s largest communities, Omaha and Lincoln, which means the benefits of big city entertainment, major airports and a key Big Ten Conference University (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), are just a short drive away.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC225648 & email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]
This Nurse Practitioner job opening last updated on 03/02/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on NPJobSite.com.
Britt Medical Search is a top ranked, nationally acclaimed Physician Recruitment Firm with over 800 clients located among all 50 States. Despite the scope of our business reach, we enjoy and maintain an industry reputation for individual service and attention to both Client and prospective Physician and APP candidates.Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company