Seeking an experienced, licensed physician assistant to join Occupational Med team dedicated to providing exceptional patient-centered care in Augusta, GA.
- Clinical judgment and reasoning are used to diagnose patients, develop treatment plans, and manage care across the health continuum. Progress notes recorded. Provides and manages direct patient care or virtual care, including physical examinations, medical history reviews, and assessments.
- Recommends and provides medical treatment and services to patients/clients with injuries or illnesses related to workman’s compensation.
- Orders non-scheduled medications. Orders scheduled medications (II-V) as permitted within state and federal regulations per relevant specialty and certification.
- Performs procedures in accordance with defined qualifications and competencies based on licensure, related state practice act, and approved hospital/entity privileges.
- Explains medical conditions, treatments, medications, and follow-up steps in easy-to-understand terms. Performs DOT physical according to FMSCA standards and related documentation and certification
- Communicates to the employer or responsible party all updates related to the management of workers' compensation injury care.
- Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant training program.
- Currently licensed as a Physician Assistant in the states of Georgia and South Carolina.
- BLS certification (AHA or Red Cross)
- CDME Certification and listing on National Registry preferred but not required
- The Occupational Health Physician Assistant should have experience and education in the Occupational Health field. Experience with Workers Compensation injury care and DOT Commercial Motor Vehicle examinations are preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Join a community in the second largest city in Georgia! Hospital is centrally located in Augusta in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA), with surrounding cities like Evans, Martinez, Grovetown, Harlem, Appling, Thomson, North Augusta, Aiken and more! The area is one of the fastest growing communities in the state of Georgia. Augusta is a rare find – a perfect mix of nature, history, diversified industry, and excellent housing value. The area also has a thriving art scene and vibrant downtown life with restaurants, shops, and bars that all add to the high quality of life. There is also year-round golf, as one would expect, with Augusta being the home to the Masters Golf Tournament each year.
The CSRA is the perfect place to live for those who love outdoor activities with family and friends. The mild climate allows for year-round outdoor activities including kayaking in the Savannah River or Augusta Canal, and swimming, boating, fishing and more in Clark’s Hill Lake (aka Strom Thurmond). Money Magazine named Evans, Georgia, as the #1 Best Place to Live in America. These amenities along with a strong public school system are a part of the many reasons you should consider this for your next healthcare career.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC225778 & email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]
This Nurse Practitioner job opening last updated on 03/01/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on NPJobSite.com.
Britt Medical Search is a top ranked, nationally acclaimed Physician Recruitment Firm with over 800 clients located among all 50 States. Despite the scope of our business reach, we enjoy and maintain an industry reputation for individual service and attention to both Client and prospective Physician and APP candidates.Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company