Seeking a Full-time (4 day/week) sleep medicine APRN to join a highly productive and popular sleep medicine physician and selected outreach clinic sites to help meet increased clinical demands for services.
- Provides office-based sleep services to new and established patients (above age 5; ages 2-5 with physician screening of case in advance), including management of positive airway pressure therapy, medication management, education/counseling, monitoring of medication compliance, ordering diagnostic tests (including home and attended sleep studies), ordering and authorizing durable medical equipment (DME), referral to related other specialties (e.g., cardiology, neurology, pulmonology), and communication with PCP's.
- Most commonly encountered diagnoses are: obstructive sleep apnea, and other sleep related breathing disorders; insomnia of various types; hypersomnia; restless legs syndrome; REM sleep behavior disorder.
- Partners with other members of sleep medicine team (e.g., sleep technologists, respiratory therapists, MA's).
- Infrequently provides consultation for inpatients with support from sleep medicine physician.
- When sleep medicine physician is not on site or is off for the day, reviews and manages requests for prescription refills (including for controlled substances, such as Ritalin and Adderall).
- EMR: Meditech Expanse
- Candidates should have at least 2 years of prior experience in a broad spectrum of sleep medicine services. If not experienced in sleep medicine, prefer candidates have prior experience in primary care, pulmonology, cardiology, neurology or related specialty.
- Eagerness to learn about sleep medicine pathophysiology and principles, interpretation of sleep medicine diagnostic tests, medications, challenges, risks, and professional rewards.
- Eagerness to/interest in counseling and educating patients and families. Whole person philosophy of care.
- New graduates considered and will be trained in sleep medicine here. Selected new graduates will be considered if they possess at least 5 years of RN experience, excellent critical thinking skills, outstanding communication skills (e.g., demeanor, listening and validating, respectful/professional), and have demonstrated a high capacity and eagerness to learn.
Northern New Hampshire offers an amazing quality of life. New Hampshire has four incredible seasons to enjoy outdoor activities or indoor hobbies. There are miles and miles of pristine trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, or cross country skiing, Acres and acres of ponds and lakes for kayaking, fishing, water skiing and cooling off in the summer. Breathtaking mountains for skiing, snowboarding or downhill thrills.
Keep more of what you earn - from affordable housing to living in a state with the 4th lowest tax burden in the country.
Dynamic, productive, open, friendly and creative communities are great for families and entrepreneurs. Unbeatable real estate prices and the cost of living is 27.1% lower than the US average according to [link removed]. There are small schools where students get personalized attention to bring out their best. Wholesome, virtually crime-free, engaged communities with a vibrant economy. Growing young professional population, and an expanding high technology base in an economic climate where your money goes farther. No income or sales tax and outlet shopping is just a short trip down the road.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC224232 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]
This Nurse Practitioner job opening last updated on 03/01/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on NPJobSite.com.
Britt Medical Search is a top ranked, nationally acclaimed Physician Recruitment Firm with over 800 clients located among all 50 States. Despite the scope of our business reach, we enjoy and maintain an industry reputation for individual service and attention to both Client and prospective Physician and APP candidates.Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company