Adelphi is seeking a nurse practitioner to provide services at a correctional facility in North Carolina.
• Ref #:BD-50-126
• Profession: Nurse Practitioner
• Specialty: Correctional Medicine/Psychiatry/Urgent Care/Primary Care/IM/EM/FM
• Location: Lexington, NC
• Service Setting: Outpatient
• Facility Type: Correctional
• Job Type: Contract
• Start Date: ASAP
• Contract Length: Ongoing
• Shift Schedule: 40 hours per week
• NC License
• DEA certification
• BLS certification
• ACLS certification
• NP Certification
• Perform vital signs and appropriate medical history.
• Perform independent assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of all illnesses and trauma.
• Refer patients to clinical director for conditions beyond the scope of training and experience of the nurse practitioner.
• Manage chronic health problems.
• Prescribe indicated medications as directed through utilizing the Soldiers' Home Policy and Procedures.
• Prescribe narcotic and controlled substances as directed by the physician.
• Administer authorized immunizations.
• Provide counseling and guidance to patients on issues relating to drugs, diet, weight control,effects of prescribed medications, and treatments.
• Order and interpret laboratory tests, X-rays, electrocardiograms, audiograms, and perform tympanometry.
• Perform physical exams.
• Perform all other required services within a scope of practice which is consistent with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of North Carolina.
This Nurse Practitioner job opening last updated on 04/20/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on NPJobSite.com.
Adelphi was founded by a physician with years of experience, working with multiple health care providers, and who understands the unique challenges and rewards of being a healthcare professional in today’s health industry. Adelphi is dedicated to helping providers get access to qualified healthcare professionals to meet their coverage needs in delivery of life-saving care/patient care/healthcare services. We help physicians, nurse practitioners to find the placement that is right for them. Contact us at 770.485.1684 or visit us at www.adelphimedicalstaffing.comClick here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company