Location: Minnesota - Duluth
Duration: Permanent - Full Time
Job ID: 221192 (23750110)
Company: Britt Medical Search
Contact: Erin Coleman Call: 6362204841
Job Posted: 09/22/2022
Outpatient Adult Psych Nurse Practitioner opening in Duluth, MN - 221192 (23750110)
Seeking a Psychiatry/Neurology Nurse Practitioner for outpatient only facility.
Description of Duties:
Description of Duties:
Utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision-making skills, works independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. Provides health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention. They may care for patients ranging in age from infant to young adult as noted in age-related category and area of expertise.
About the position and our team:
Our Pediatric Neurology team is seeking a mental health practitioner to join us in serving our pediatric patient populations within the neurology practice. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing and supporting behavioral health care services to individual patients and families across the continuum of care. The Psychiatric NP will find support and resources from our professional, patient-focused and compassionate Pediatric Neurology group that includes physicians, advanced practice nurses and dedicated support staff. This highly respected team (along with a growing practice and great facilities to work within) provide the ideal setting for candidates seeking a strong support system.
- Seeking a 1.0 FTE, full-time status; Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
- Outpatient Practice
- New graduates may be considered
- Pediatric/Young Adult population, preferred candidate would have pediatric experience and/or prior experience with neurologic conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced practice psychiatric-mental health nurse is limited to the provision of primary mental health care services to patients with underlying neurologic condition (e. g. seizure, headache, developmental delay, genetic disorder/syndrome, autism) with co-existing mental disorders.
- Designing and conducting mental illness preventative interventions.
- Conducting individual psychotherapy or family therapies as needed.
- Conducting health screening, conduct psychiatric evaluations and manage as appropriate.
- Prescribing, monitoring, managing, and evaluating psychopharmacological and related medications.
- Providing integrated mental health services within a neurologic specialty practice.
- Collaborating with neurologists, advance practice providers, neuropsychologists, and RNs, seeking consultation when necessary and referring patients to other providers (physicians or nurse practitioners in other specialties) when the patient’s physical or mental health condition requires it.
- Collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to promote behavioral health services on the continuum of care.
- Duluth, MN – Population approximately 90,000 with surrounding areas 200,000+
- 2 ½ hour drive to the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Regional service area 460,000
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #ME221192 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: brittmedical.com/search-current-jobs