Location: California - San Diego
Duration: Permanent - Full Time
Job ID: 220026 (23686559)
Company: Britt Medical Search
Contact: Erin Coleman Call: 6362204841
Job Posted: 07/01/22
PMHNP opportunity opening in San Diego, CA - some remote available - 220026 (23686559)Community Health Center dedicated to providing quality healthcare to San Diego's American Indian population is seeking a PMHNP (Mental Health Nurse Practitioner) to join its team. This position will be eligible for a remote work schedule, however there will be a minimum number of days that the position will be required to work on-site each week.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will join our Health Clinic to work directly with our team of professionals to treat patients who often present with co-occurring psychiatric, substance use disorder and medical issues. We work with Medical and Medicare recipients as well as Native American patients who are funded through Indian Health Services.
- See between 8-12 patients per day
- There is a consulting psychiatrist that they can talk with in addition to our team here at the clinic.
- Create comprehensive patient assessments
- Aid in treatment planning
- Complete documentation in compliance with clinical and state requirements
- Aid in building a physician referral network to attract new patients
- Work as a member of an integrated care team with behavioral health, medical and dental care providers
- Participates in weekly clinical team meetings to discuss & problem solve cases
- Prefer a Master’s degree from an accredited university or professional school for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and/or Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), or a BA and PMHNP License
- Understanding of Behavioral Health Therapies and psychiatric medications
- Appropriate California state licensure for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and/or Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Active DEA license
About the Center:
This is a patient-centered health home that provides comprehensive medical, dental, behavioral health, and community wellness services that honors the wisdom of community leaders who believed urban American Indians living in our city should have community-based health care rooted in traditional cultural values. We are a community health center dedicated to embodying the values central to American Indian cultures. This includes respect for our patients, acknowledgement of the whole person, and a focus on working together to ensure health for the individual, and therefore the community.
Clinic services include Medical, Dental, Behavioral Health, Wellness & Self-Care and Youth Outreach.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC220026 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]