Nurse Practitioner - 32901 (23657078)
SALARY RATE: UP TO $122,720 PER YEAR
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you a Nurse Practitioner looking for a challenging yet rewarding environment, where you can really make a difference? Are you passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the highest quality of healthcare? If so, then we have the role for you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team of professionals!
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
Your primary goal is to diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of the healthcare team. You will also focus on health promotion and disease prevention within the facility.
- Perform primary care such as suturing, splinting, administering immunizations, taking specimens, and providing wound care.
- Formulate appropriate and comprehensive treatment plans and prognosis
- Order, perform, and interpret complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays) results.
- Provides patients with information to promote good health, and prevent disease or disability.
- Counsel patients on prescribed drugs and possible side effects.
- Document services provided and comprehensive notes in the patient medical records.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal regulations for nurse practitioner practice and licensure requirements.
- Available 24-hours where needed, to advise nursing staff in the care of detainees/inmates/residents after hours.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
Excellent diagnostics skills, patience, and strong communication skills are all key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patient’s re-entry to society.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in the state the facility is located, as well as a current DEA license. Must maintain current copy of applicable licenses at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing principles practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Skill in performing uncomplicated surgical procedures.
- Ability to administer prescribed medications.
- Ability to perform complete physical appraisals of patients.
- Ability to identify and evaluate illnesses.
- Ability to initiate diagnostic laboratory tests and evaluate the results.
- Ability to manage the care of patients.
- Ability to work with patients having a variety of physical problems.
- Ability to compile and evaluate medical histories and other clinical and laboratory data.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Frequently: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 60 lbs. or more; walk, stand, bend, stoop and reach above shoulder level.
- Occasionally: Climb and sit.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER