Trauma Surgery NP/PA opening in Coeur D'Alene, ID - 219567 (23597042)
Seeking a well-qualified Advanced Practice Professional (APP) (Certified Nurse Practitioner or Certified Physician Assistant) to join the Trauma/Acute Care Surgery (T/ACS) team responsible for overall patient care in collaboration with Board-Certified General Surgeons, under the supervision of the Medical Director of Trauma Services. Trauma responsibilities include assisting with primary survey and initial resuscitation, conducting secondary and tertiary trauma evaluations of patients, coordinating with other specialties, daily rounding services, and preparing discharges with appropriate follow up. Acute Care Surgery (ACS) duties include the initial intake and evaluation, collaborative medical decision-making, ongoing management, and coordinating discharges of trauma/acute care surgery patients. The candidate should demonstrate collaborative leadership and clinical expertise to ensure delivery of an evidence-based standard of care for a given patient population that achieves optimal outcomes. Hospital operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Hours of coverage for this position will be variable.
What you can expect
- Coordinates and monitors the care of the trauma/ACS patient across the continuum of care.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support certification required or must be in the process.
- Collaborates daily and coordinates the patient plan of care with the multidisciplinary team, and communicates it across all care settings.
- Potential for extended duties/training in the Operating Room as a surgical first-assist.
- Enters patient care orders as appropriate consulting with the patient’s provider as needed.
- Assesses the health status of trauma patients by obtaining a relative health history and comprehensive physical exam, preventative screening, and identification of medical risk factors and documents in the medical record per hospital standards.
- Acts as a clinical resource and change agent for best practices for specific patient groups, provides staff mentoring and educational sessions as needed, and is involved in developing and integrating patient care protocols.
- Participates in and coordinates patient rounds and care conferences as needed for patients, families, and providers.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in the care they deliver and practices they promote; identifies opportunities for reducing the cost of care.
- Arranges follow-up care to trauma/ACS patients being discharged.
- Works effectively with a variety of disciplines and agencies.
- Participates in Trauma Committee as needed.
Coeur dAlene is a picturesque community nestled in the foothills of the Selkirk Mountain range on the shores of beautiful Lake Coeur dAlene. Coeur dAlene is the largest city in the Idaho Panhandle and offers a vast array of recreational, cultural and educational opportunities. Outdoor enthusiasts will delight in a variety of activities including water sports, fishing, hunting, cycling, climbing and skiing. The region boasts easy access to 4 major ski resorts, dozens of championship golf courses and a variety of lakes. The area's network of public and private schools, community colleges, and universities, provide a multitude of options for lifelong learning. Spokane, Washington, 30 minutes west of Coeur dAlene, offers a more metropolitan atmosphere as well as an international airport, 3 universities, and additional cultural, recreational and educational opportunities.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC219567 & email address to 636-628-2412.