NP - Primary Care - BD-50-02 (23440491)
Adelphi is seeking a nurse practitioner to provide services at a correctional facility in North Carolina.
• Profession: Nurse Practitioner
• Specialty: Correctional Medicine/Psychiatry/Urgent Care/Primary Care/IM/EM/FM
• Location: Salisbury, NC
• Service Setting: Outpatient
• Facility Type: Correctional
• Job Type: Contract
• Start Date: ASAP
• Contract Length: Ongoing
• Shift Schedule: 40 hours per week
• Travel, lodging, and malpractice insurance covered
• NC License
• DEA certification
• BLS certification
• ACLS certification
• NP Certification
• Perform vital signs and appropriate medical history.
• Perform independent assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of all illnesses and trauma.
• Refer patients to the clinical director for conditions beyond the scope of training and experience of the nurse practitioner.
• Manage chronic health problems.
• Prescribe indicated medications as directed through utilizing the Soldiers' Home Policy and Procedures.
• Prescribe narcotic and controlled substances as directed by the physician.
• Administer authorized immunizations.
• Provide counseling and guidance to patients on issues relating to drugs, diet, weight control, effects of prescribed medications, and treatments.
• Order and interpret laboratory tests, X-rays, electrocardiograms, audiograms, and perform tympanometry.
• Perform physical exams.
• Perform all other required services within the scope of practice which is consistent with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of North Carolina.