GERIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER - 23425421
GERIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER
Join a team of dedicated medical professionals at a well known and respected community health center that manages patients with stable chronic illness; diagnose and treat minor acute (episodic) illnesses; consult to initiate follow-up and monitoring and appropriate referrals for medical and non-medical conditions; and perform routine physical exams through collaboration with ESP physician and within the confines of established protocol. Position is located at the Elder Service Plan-a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).
GERIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of the clinical components.
- Provides primary medical management of ESP clients collaborating with physician.
- Conduct health assessments and evaluate patient needs at ESP or at clients home.
- Participates in the development of a comprehensive plan of care for each client.
- Makes routine and emergency home or nursing home visits, incl on-call as needed.
- Participates in activities and committees related to clinical, ethical and quality care.
- Works with Program Director and Clinical Manager to develop ESP policies, standards of care.
GERIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER REQUIREMENTS
- MSN in Geriatric Nursing or related specialty field.
- Current MA Nursing license with current certification as a Nurse Practitioner; current CPR/BLS.
- 2 years of experience working with a frail or elderly population preferred, 1 year required.
- Strong clinical, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with a Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Must be able to travel in a timely manner to ESP sites and patient's homes.