Duration: Permanent - Full Time
Job ID: 22758559
Company: Medstar Health
Contact: Lindsay Smoot Call: 4432433165
Job Posted: 04/06/21
Neuroendovascular NP - Baltimore, MD - 22758559
MedStar Medical Group is seeking a Full-time (40 hours/week) Neurosurgical Nurse Practitioner to work at our newly developed Stroke Center at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
The NP will be expected to provide comprehensive or episodic evaluation of patients related to the presenting of stroke symptoms. Proper evaluation, procedures and treatments may then be determined and performed, to also include preventative imaging and procedures.
Education/Training: Graduate of an accredited NP program (non-online programs preferred)
Experience: 2 years’ experience as an NP is preferred; Neuro-specific experience desired.
License/Certification/Registration: Current Maryland License; CPR; ACLS; Critical Care Nurse Practitioner
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists physician in emergent or surgical events by being familiar with appropriate locations of equipment and following physician instructions to render appropriate clinical support.
- Communicates laboratory and diagnostic findings to patients and referring physician to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Provides comprehensive or episodic care to patients presenting with neurological problems by following practice and/or hospital policies and procedures to render appropriate clinical support.
- Provides continuity of patient care during and after hospitalization acting as liaison between patient and physician to coordinate the effective transmission of patient related information.
- Provides hospital rounding, surgical assistance, hospital admission and discharge, dictation of upcoming hospital procedures and electronic hospital medical record entry when assigned to facilitate efficient and quality patient care.
Join MedStar Medical Group and enjoy a competitive salary along with many other benefits:
- Fully paid malpractice coverage
- Annual CME paid time off & stipend
- Medical, dental, vision insurance options
- Retirement plan with % match from employer
- Much more!
To learn more, please reach out to Physician Recruiter, Lindsay Smoot at (use the Apply button to apply for this job)