Nurse Practitioner - 022485 (22734870)
Position is located at Riverbend Correctional Facility
24 hours per week includes Fridays
If you are a Nurse Practitioner, we’ve got a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join our healthcare team. In this position, you will play a key role in the evaluation and implementation of healthcare for inmates/detainees. If you are a skilled Nurse Practitioner with maturity, flexibility and confidence, this is the position for you! Apply Today!
Nurse Practitioner (Healthcare)
As a Nurse Practitioner you will examine and treat facility detainees/inmates to ensure proper injury care, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery. You will also direct the work of staff employees and participate in the development of and application of policies, procedures and protocols in the care of detainees/inmates.
- Performing routine medical examinations on detainees/inmates under established guidelines
- Providing medical treatment and services consistent with the provision of basic health care services in conjunction with a physician
- Documenting all provided services in the detainee/inmate medical record
- Reviewing regularly those cases requiring ongoing medical/pharmaceutical attention
- Instructing patients in required health hygiene techniques
- Maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures
- Providing input into performance evaluation
- Performing regular chart review for quality assurance purposes
- Assisting in designating the level of care to be performed and the necessary equipment needed
This is a great opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner! Take a look at the requirements below to see if this role will be a good fit for you. If it is, apply today!
Nurse Practitioner requirements:
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
• Current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located (maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times)
• Certified to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the state in which the facility is located
• 2 years of direct work experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferred
• Ability to submit a copy of professional license to keep on file at the facility
Equal Opportunity Employer