Nurse Practitioner - Orthopedic Coordinator - IA012521 (22696573)
This NP is responsible for the overall administration and operations of the Total Joint Program under the direction of the Chair of the Orthopedic Department. The position will be in both a Hospital and Clinic setting.
Location is a smaller town one hour plus to Waterloo.
Compensation: Excellent compensation and benefits (moving expenses available).
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Participates in development, implementation and evaluation of Total Joint Program mission and goals.
- Conducts pre-surgery education classes for patients and caregivers.
- Coordinates home care services such as home health, DME, PT, social worker and ensures all meet insurance criteria.
- Develops and implements a system to ensure patient satisfaction and quality of care throughout the patient experience.
- Maintains current education materials used to educate patients, caregivers, physicians, office, and hospital staff to ensure optimal patient care.
- Works closely with orthopedic physicians to ensure protocols are followed and education materials are current.
- Provides surgical assist in total joint procedures.
- Participates in daily rounds with surgeons.
Successful candidate should be self-motivated, a quick learner, have good interpersonal skills and be a take charge NP. Will train graduates that have an orthopedic rotation or strong interest.