Neurology Physician Assistant desired in Northern Arizona - 55510 (22683513)
A hospital group in Western Arizona 100 miles from Las Vegas desires a Neurology Physician Assistant. Please see below for details and refer to Job ID #55510
- Monday-Friday schedule 8a-5p
- Competitive Salary, Production bonus, Sign-On Bonus Available, CME, PTO, 401k, and Full Benefits
- See new consults in the Emergency Room or new consults from patients admitted in the Acute Care Hospital (This includes the Intensive Care Unit, Medical/Surgery Floor, Progressive Care Unit and the Observation Unit) with the Neurology Provider.
- See follow up consults for the patients seen the day before in the Acute Care Hospital (This includes the Intensive Care Unit, Medical/Surgery Floor, Progressive Care Unit and the Observation Unit).
- Placing necessary orders in the patient's chart for medications, lab work or radiological tests or other tests like Electroencephalograms or Lumbar Puncture and communicating with the admitting/primary provider.
- Answering questions from the patient's care team including the nurses for orders placed in the patient's chart to facilitate early workup, diagnosis, treatment and discharge for admitted patients or Emergency room patients.
- Follow up on the results of the test(s) ordered on the same or the previous days.
- Making sure the necessary lab work or radiological test or lumbar puncture or Electroencephalogram is scheduled and resulted or planned to be followed up (if results pending) after discharge for patients admitted in the hospital.
- Answering questions to the patients or the patient's family for patients admitted in the hospital.
- Seeing New patients in the Neurology Outpatient clinic with the Neurology provider.
- Seeing follow up patients in the neurology outpatient clinic.
- Follow up on lab work or diagnostic tests such as MRIs, CT scans, polysomnograms, Electroencephalograms, Electromyograms and Nerve Conduction Studies and electrocardiograms.
- Placing orders for medications through the patient's pharmacy for patients seen in the clinic.
- Returning patient calls for patients seen in the clinic regarding results of the tests or adverse effects to medications and other questions within the scope of practice of neurology field.