PA/NP - Urgent Care - Jacksonville, NC - PERM - 1240 (22623991)
TinkBird is actively seeking a Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner to work at a primary/urgent care in Jacksonville, North Carolina. If you would like to hear more details of this awesome opportunity, take a peep below!
The City of Jacksonville is the commercial hub of Onslow County and home to Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune and Marine Corps Air Station New River. Within an hour from the beaches of the Crystal Coast which is a longstanding favorite destination for fun in the sun. It is also home to the New River which features some of the best paddling and fishing in eastern North Carolina year-round. The slow current is ideal for kayakers and canoers of any skill level. Jacksonville is a great place for those who enjoy an active lifestyle. Runners flock to the City for unique and professionally produced races. Jacksonville’s dining scene satisfies every palate and serves up locally owned establishments and nationally recognized chains ranging from Southern comfort dishes to fresh-off-the-boat seafood to wide-ranging international flavors. It is certainly a great place to call home!
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Degree: Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner
Specialty: Urgent Care with Occupational Medicine
- Clinic open 7 days per week: Monday – Saturday 8am-pm, Sunday 10am-6pm
- Patient Centered Medical Home and BQPP Level 3 facility providing family practice, urgent care and occupational health
- High volume of patients due to COVID - currently 70 patients per day
- Second provider on site that helps with high volume
- Will be responsible for Occupational Medicine, Dispensing and building a patient base of family practice while working with Urgent Care needs
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders, and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treats illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds. Consults with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of FNP/PA’s scope of work.
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR
- Counsels patient/family on preventative health care
- Documents patient information and care in medical record and may maintain department statistical database for research purposes
- 1-year experience in Urgent Care, Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine
- PA/NP licensed in North Carolina
- Current CPR certification
- DOT certification (company sponsored) - preferred to be completed prior to start date
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
Start date: ASAP
For more information about this opportunity give Lindsay a chirp at 919-473-6998. You can also send your CV to (use the Apply button to apply for this job)