Connected Care Nurse Practitioner - MedStar Medical Group - 22611938
Connected Care Nurse Practitioner - MedStar Medical Group
MedStar Medical Group offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that’s right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership— as a clinician and healthcare expert.
MedStar Medical Group has a unique opportunity for an experienced nurse practitioner who is looking for an exciting career in primary care. The initial phase of this role will consist of working full time for the Telehealth team to assist with the current demand and recent increase in Telehealth volumes related to the COVID-19 surge. This initial phase is full time and will require working various shifts including day, evening and weekend hours. Once the Telehealth volumes decrease with resolution of the COVID surge, this position will transition to join the Connected Care Program, a new and evolving initiative with MedStar Medical Group Primary Care.
The Connected Care Nurse Practitioner supports a group of primary care practices by providing provides on-demand clinical care directly to patients using a telehealth platform and by using technology solutions to address common pain points for patients and providers including rapid provider access, prescription refills, home monitoring, and results follow-up. Communication with patients, families and primary care teams are critical to create a more continuous and connected care experience. This position is full time with a Monday – Friday schedule.
To qualify for this new and exciting opportunity, the Nurse Practitioner must have:
· Graduation from an accredited degree program for nurse practitioners
· A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner
· Valid licenses and associated credentialing as Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland
· General medical skills commensurate with the scope of care in an urgent care setting. Excellent oral/ written skills. Computer skills, particularly as they relate to the use of an electronic medical record. A strong customer service orientation and ability to flourish in a patient-centric model. Ability to problem solve and multi-task. Patient relationship is the most critical determinant of overall patient satisfaction so the provider plays a key role in development of a loyal patient base through solid clinical and interpersonal skills.
As a MedStar Medical Group clinician, you can expect:
· A very competitive salary
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· Paid malpractice insurance
· Generous paid time off
· CME leave and CME allowance
· Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
Be a part of a nationally-recognized health system and the largest provider of health services in the Baltimore/Washington region. With our vast resources and capabilities at your disposal, you can expand your clinical expertise. Enjoy a rich career and a quality of life unique to Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region, which features a mix of urban, suburban and rural communities.
Be the Nurse Practitioner you were meant to be, here at MedStar. To learn more about this position or to apply, please send a CV to Nicole Whaley at (use the Apply button to apply for this job). [link removed]
MedStar Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer.