Outpatient Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant – Integrated Surgery at MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center - 22611937
MedStar Health offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that’s right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership— as a clinician and healthcare expert.
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is currently recruiting for a full time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our general surgery team. The selected candidate will enjoy a Monday – Friday schedule with no on-call responsibilities. In this role the NP/PA will assist the surgeons with examinations, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care during the outpatient general surgery clinics.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Arranges for patients’ ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services.
· Demonstrates behavior consistent with MedStar Health mission, vision, goals, objectives and patient care philosophy.
· Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
· Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
· Monitors medical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel. Monitors emotional stability of patients and reports changes to physician or charge nurse.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required, and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
As a MedStar Health clinician, you can expect:
• A competitive salary
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paid malpractice insurance
• Paid Time Off
• CME allowance
• Retirement plan – 403-B with % employer match
To qualify for this new opportunity at MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center candidates must have at least one year of experience as an advanced practice provider in a surgical setting.
Be a part of a nationally-recognized health system and the largest provider of health services in the Baltimore/Washington region. With our vast resources and capabilities at your disposal, you can expand your clinical expertise. Enjoy a rich career and a quality of life unique to the mid-Atlantic region, which features a mix of urban, suburban and rural communities.
About MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center:
Located just 20 miles Southeast of [link removed], MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is a 192 bed full-service acute care with approximately 55,000 emergency room visits and approximately 14,000 admissions each year. Our hospital's commitment to advanced technology distinguishes it from community hospitals. Our heart and vascular center's Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory is the site of life-saving interventions for heart attack patients, elective angioplasties, and diagnostic procedures. MSMHC was the first in Southern Maryland to be certified as a Primary Stroke Center by the state of Maryland, and it remains the only certified Primary Stroke Center in Prince George’s County.
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is a medical center that not only treats illnesses and injuries, but also promotes wellness and community health as well. MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is leading the way by providing the highest quality clinical care with advanced technology, innovative medical services, and the region's top doctors. It is all part of MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center's commitment to the 800,000 residents of Southern Maryland.
Be the provider you were meant to be, here at MedStar. To learn more about this position or to apply, please send a CV to Nicole Whaley at (use the Apply button to apply for this job).
MedStar Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer.