Nurse Practitioner Cardiothoracic ICU - 22347831
We are hiring an experienced cardiothoracic critical care nurse practitioner or physician assistant for a prestigious hospital in Connecticut!
We are hiring a Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant to join a very cohesive team in the Cardiac Surgery ICU and Cardiac Surgery Stepdown units. The successful candidate will provide high quality and cost-effective critical care for patients admitted to the Cardiac Surgery ICU and Cardiac Surgery Stepdown units. The successful candidate will also support the patients transition of care across the continuum. This practitioner will also participate in the medical management of patients with ventricular assist devices.
The Cardiac Surgery Service is a very busy 25 bed Cardiothoracic ICU and Stepdown unit that cares primarily for cardiac surgery patients, including heart transplants and other critically ill patients as service needs dictate. These patients may require multiple technologies or advanced life support including: continuous veno-venous hemofiltration (CVVH), intra aortic balloon pump (IABP), ventricular assist devices (VAD), temporary pacing, nitric oxide (NO), and multiple vasoactive drug therapies. The patient population may require advanced technologies or advanced life support including: hemodynamic monitoring, ventricular assist devices (VAD), or temporary pacing.
Nurse Practitioner (APRN) / Physician Assistant will participate in daily teaching rounds and will engage in independent decision-making regarding the health care of individuals admitted to our critical care units.
- Full Time (40 hours)Days / Nights including weekends and holidays (Premium differentials offered)
- Extremely competitive salary
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities Professional Leadership Development
Advanced Practitioner Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as a Physician Assistant / Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse through AACN or ANCC.
- AGACNP Board Certification as an acute care nurse practitioner and / or critical care AP experience.