PA Oncologist needed for a permanent opening in Nebraska - 3284 (22065033)
Job Quick Facts
* Specialty: PA - Oncologist
* Facility Location: NE (215 miles west of Lincoln, NE)
* License Requirement: NE
* Reason for Need: Supplemental
* Practice Type: Inpatient
* Coverage Type: Scheduled Clinical Hours Only
* Shift Schedule: TBD
* EMR: Epic
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- A typical workday begins and ends helping physicians to see patients. PAs will see patients individually with Physician supervision..
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. Reviews patient records, interpreting and integrating data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Establishes presumptive diagnosis.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Orders appropriate medications (including but limited to: chemotherapy, biotherapy, immunotherapy, IV medication, IM/SQ medication, supportive care medication) based on the patients' treatment/therapy plan as prescribed by the Physician.
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention; instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits
- Provides call coverage with Physician.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
* Market competitive compensation
* Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
* Retirement plan
* Pristine beauty of the geographic location
* Diverse dining, local markets, festivals, and community events
* Several great and exciting outdoor activities