Orthopedic Sports Medicine First Assist PA Role- Downtown Chicago - 21497777
We are looking for an experienced Sports Medicine Physician Assistant at our Downtown Chicago, Oak Park, and Oak Brook locations.
- Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by physician.
- Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, compliance with care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
- Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
- Documents all patient encounters and care provided in Electronic Health Record.
- Utilizes practice technology including but not limited to electronic health record, dictation, and outcomes tools to their full capability to ensure excellent patient care.
- Educates patients and families as appropriate. Provides continuity of care.
- Stays abreast of and complies with all state and federal laws including HIPAA, ADA, OSHA, and FLSA.
- Consults with other staff as necessary.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to this position.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs duties of co-workers and subordinates as workload dictates.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS, MS preferred; graduate of AMA accredited PA program
- Minimum three years experience as a PA, preferably in an orthopedic clinic setting
- Current Illinois state PA license
- Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current CPR Certification
Surgical PA Experience
IL Licensed PA
Flexibility to go to 3 locations