Nurse Practitioner Oncology - 21095872
Oncology Nurse Practitioner Opportunity in Beautiful Los Angeles!
Clinic and Research Institute is seeking an experienced Infusion Oncology Nurse Practitioner to provide direct patient care to Oncology patients and support to a multidisciplinary health team working within the scope of the Certified Nurse Practitioner license and hospital privileges. Providing unrivaled medical care and comprehensive cancer services in an Infusion Center. This is a full-time day shift position in an outpatient setting! Excellent Quality of Life!!
- MSN or DNP required
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Operations/designee and functions as an integral member of the medical team.
- Using authoritative hematologic and oncologic knowledge clinical skills and critical thinking in handling daily delivery of medical services ensuring implementation of the appropriate clinical processes and coordinating/promoting an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care
- Performing a thorough age specific history and physical along with appropriate follow up and documentation of the results
- Performing appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for identification and management of patient diagnosis following established standardized protocols appropriately documents procedures and follow-up as necessary
- Assessing, facilitating, and modeling appropriate resolution of patient/client/family psychosocial problems and/or supporting needs
- Assessing quality of patient care delivery and finding opportunities for changes in practice, rooted in evidence-based standards of care/protocols, which improve positive outcomes
- Evaluating and assessing patient/family readiness to learn; individualized learning ability; providing age specific education; initiating and reinforcing as needed
- Directing, educating and mentoring staff in the development of sound clinical discernment to promote positive patient outcomes
- Developing service goals and operations/business plans for clinical services specifically, in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Services, and as a component of the continuum of care within TACRI
- Contributing to the formal and informal evaluations of staff competency, resolving staff educational needs, and providing structured assistance in areas needing improvement.
- Providing staff training, as needed, both informally and in formal in-service presentations
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- California Nurse Practitioner license required
- National certification as a Nurse Practitioner required
- Chemo and Bio Certificate required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- OCN or AOCN preferred within one year of service
- A minimum of two (2) years of oncology nursing experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Est. Salary: $110,000.00 to $155,000.00 /year
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental, Matching 403B, Life, Disability, CME Monies, Relocation Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement and MUCH MORE!
Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, Infusion, Oncology, Cancer, Chemotherapy, Chemo, Hematology, Registered Nurse, Los Angeles, CA, California