Physician Assistant - San Luis, AZ - 21019325
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Physician Assistant to perform Occupational Health screenings in a clinic setting in San Luis, AZ.
TYPE OF WORK:
- Provides direct care to patients.
- Performs medical histories on patients and completes necessary paperwork on them.
- Evaluates and provides care to patients per SOP, with medical follow-up, on sick call, or who are walk-ins.
- Provides emergency and First Aid treatment within Scope of Work until care is transferred to a local healthcare system as appropriate.
- Performs limited, minor surgical procedures that do not require extensive care, labs, or radiographic studies. These might include such things as simple suturing of uncomplicated lacerations, incision and drainage of simply cysts.
- Reviews/reevaluates daily or as necessary, those cases requiring ongoing medical/pharmaceutical attention.
- Carries out orders authorized by the physician supervisor.
For more information go to our website [link removed] and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
- ANY STATE LICENSE ACCEPTED
- BILINGUAL – Able to perform medical screenings in Spanish
- NP/PA Education or Training: Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the [link removed]
- The NP/or PA shall maintain a current license by the State Board of Nursing by the state that the nurse is practicing in and meet continuing education requirements for the State(s) licensed in. A temporary license will not be accepted.
- The duration of clinical experience must total at least 1 year.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing principles, procedures, and techniques to patient care.
- Alertness and skill in providing care and reacting to emergency situations.
- Knowledge of training methods and sufficient interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and co-workers during which instructional and educational information is presented.
- Practical knowledge of laboratory procedures and guidelines; skill in collecting a variety of samples.
- Maintains current CPR certification.