Inpatient Nurse Practitioner- Orthopaedics - 20729060
Inpatient Nurse Practitioner- Orthopaedics
MedStar Health offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that’s right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership— as a clinician and healthcare expert.
MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, a proud member of MedStar Health, is currently seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner to join their team. This NP will be on the floor and rounding, providing coverage for orthopaedic patients.
Job Summary - Assumes total nursing care of specific patients under the direction of physician. Follows established nursing standards, procedures, and practices and gives specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff.
- Education/Training - Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner program approved by the Maryland State Board Examiners of Nurses.
- Experience - 2 years hospital experience.
- License/Certification/Registration - Registration with the Maryland State Board Examiners of Nurses.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranges for patients' ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures, and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Monitors medical condition and/or emotional stability of patient and reports changes to physician.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Performs basic nursing procedures including thermal applications, non-sterile soaks, application of simple dressing, perennial care, and running tests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares and maintains records of patient charges.
- Prepares patients for scheduled procedures to assist in patient assessment.
- Provides direct patient care/evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required, and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Provides preventive healthcare services to long-term patients and arranges consultations and referrals.
- Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patients' conditions, and develops individual care plans for patients assigned to the unit/Center.
Be the Nurse Practitioner you were meant to be, here at MedStar. To learn more about this position or to apply, please send a CV to Nicole Whaley at (click on the I'm Interested button to request more info about the job).
MedStar Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer.