Outpatient Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatric - MedStar Union Memorial Hospital - 20474955
MedStar Union Memorial Hospital offers a full range of mental and behavioral health services, including outpatient therapy and medication management. The outpatient psychiatry clinic is currently seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner to join our team. In this role you will enjoy a Monday – Friday flexible schedule working in a collaborative team environment that provides exceptional care to our patients. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that’s right for you. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership— as a clinician and healthcare expert.
General Summary of Position
Assumes total nursing care of specific patients under the direction of physician. Follows established nursing standards, procedures, and practices and gives specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranges for patients' ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures, and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with MedStar Health mission, vision, goals, objectives and patient care philosophy.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
- Monitors medical condition of patients and reports changes to appropriate personnel. Monitors emotional stability of patients and reports changes to physician or charge nurse.
- Performs basic nursing procedures including thermal applications, nonsterile soaks, application of simple dressing, perennial care, and running tests.
- Prepares and maintains records of patient charges.
- Prepares patients for scheduled procedures to assist in patient assessment.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required, and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Provides preventive healthcare services to long-term patients and arranges consultations and referrals.
- Writes initial nursing histories, assesses patients' conditions, and develops individual care plans for patients assigned to the unit.
- EDUCATION: Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner program approved by the Maryland State Board Examiners of Nurses
- EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience as a nurse practitioner in an outpatient clinical setting preferred.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: Registration with the Maryland State Board Examiners of Nurses.
- SKILLS: Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.